COVID-19 Update: Further Easing of Dental Restrictions from 8th May 2020
As of 8th May 2020, we are pleased to announce that the dental restrictions have been eased back to Level 1 by the Australian government.
We are now able to resume your routine examination and clean appointments to get you back on track with your oral health.
It is our commitment to you and our community that we continue screening patients to ensure anyone attending appointments have not had any symptoms related to Covid-19.
We will continue to remain meticulous and stringent with our infection control measures at all times, and will be ensuring safe distancing in our patient lounge.
2020 has been a year we would all like to forget, and we all really need to get back into the normality of our lives.
Whether it’s been a while since we have seen you, or if you were delaying your appointment due to the crisis, we are ready and waiting to see all of your beautiful smiles again.
For New Patients we offer an examination with treatment plan, clean and set of x-rays for $199.
Note: The easing of restrictions is a consequence of an assessment of risk by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) and the National Cabinet. Further details can be found in the Australian Dental Association (ADA) announcements here and here.
These safe precautions and risk identification guidelines are as follows:
- All dental treatments will be provided using standard precautions for people who do not meet epidemiological and clinical risk factors for COVID-19
infection transmission as per the definitions from the department of health.
- Screen the patients following the framework of Level 1 restrictions from the ADA and we will also assess the risk of transmission in our practice and apply infection prevention and control precautions that address the level of risk of transmission following a decision tree for Level 1 restrictions developed by ADA’s Infection Control Committee.
How these changes may affect your dental appointment:
As a proud member of the Australian dental association, we have and will continue to monitor this situation on a daily basis.
With our patients and staff’s safety in mind we have in place the following strategies to minimise the risk:
- We ask that you refrain from bringing any extra people inside the practice. With the obvious exception of children who require an adult present.
- When you arrive at your appointment, kindly maintain safe social distancing of 1.5 metres from people. If there is more than 1 person in our waiting room, please check in with our receptionist and wait comfortably in your car. We will advise you when the treatment room is ready for you to come straight through.
- Please use our hand sanitiser before and after your appointment.
- We have removed all reading material and children’s toys from the waiting area. You are more than welcome to bring your own material.
- You will notice that the reception desk, EFTPOS machine, and all door handles will be disinfected after every patient.
- Stringent and routine infection control measures are always undertaken at Sunrise Dental Surgery.
- All appointment bookings will be triaged and screened to also rule out possible cases of COVID-19 from entering the practice.
If you have any questions regarding your appointment or how we are changing and complying with The Australian Dental Association’s (ADA) restrictions, please feel free to email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us.
Thankyou to everyone practicing social distancing and following the advice, this is our commitment to you, our community and our much-loved patients.
We will continue to keep you updated throughout this process, and we are all in this together.
- ADA | Government eases back to Level 1 Restrictions For Dentistry. [online] Available at: <https://www.ada.org.au/News-Media/News-and-Release/Latest-News/National-Cabinet-approves-the-move-to-Level-1> [Accessed 08 May 2020].
- ADA Victoria | Level 1 dental restrictions in place for Dentistry. [online] Available at: <https://adavb.org/news-media/latest-news/level-1-dental-practice-restrictions-now-in-place> [Accessed 09 May 2020]
- ADA | Decision tree for Level 1 Patient management. [online] Available at: <https://www.ada.org.au/Level-1-Decision-Tree> [Accessed 08 May 2020]
- ADA | Framework for Dental Service Restrictions. [online] Available at: <https://www.ada.org.au/getdoc/e76289a2-fb90-4f28-bfe5-32cbcb9f1100/Card-Group-Selection.aspx> [Accessed 25 March 2020]
- ADA | COVID-19 Resources [online] Available at: <https://www.ada.org.au/covid-19> [Accessed 29 March 2020].
- Australian Government Department of Health | (COVID-19) Information On Social Distancing. [online] Available at: <https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-on-social-distancing> [Accessed 24 March 2020].
- Australian Government Department of Health | (COVID-19) Information For International Travellers. [online] Available at: <https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-international-travellers> [Accessed 25 March 2020].